It was with great anticipation that I started reading Drop dead by Swati Kaushal. And when I finished the novel, I have to say that the rewards has been good for such great anticipation.
Ever since I signed up in GoodReads to keep track of my reading habits, I always check other users rating before finalizing on reading a new book. And this book, as it happens, have a rating of 3.83 (when I checked last time). This means the readers have given generally favorable reviews to the book.
And why shouldn't they?
The author has done a pretty decent job of writing a crime novel. Character description, of each of the main characters, has been superbly handled. I mention this because, I think this is the single most important component of a good novel. Many of the contemporary works of fiction has failed to excite me because the characters search in the dark for an identity. For a change though, we have a lady detective at the forefront of the story. The plot revolves round the murder of a businessman. The fact that murdered man was ruthless in his business and personal dealings makes the job tough for the investigating officers, since everyone he has met in those dealings makes a good adversary. Finally, Superintendent of police Niki Marwah and her team of dedicated police officers does a spectacular job to nail the culprit.
1 comment:
Hi Hrishi
I connect with you on behalf of Swati Kaushal, author of Drop Dead.
Thank you for your review.
We have featured your review on the 'Readers' Reviews' tab on the Facebook pages for Niki Marwah and Swati Kaushal.
Do share it with your friends who might find it interesting.
Happy Reading!
Warm Regards,
Reena Gupta
Post a Comment